Think La Crescenta Scholarship
WHO CAN APPLY
Graduating high school students who are residents of La Crescenta neighborhood in California.
Think La Crescenta Scholarship was created in 2021 to support the academic and community achievements of La Crescenta residents and to support the next generation of good neighbors. We at Think Real Estate are looking to recognize a young person from the neighborhood who is continuing their education in some way beyond high school and who embodies the qualities of a good neighbor. Being a good neighbor can be so many different things. Share with us your passions, accomplishments, and what inspires you.
The fund was established by James You and Dave Robles of Think Real Estate. James You, a La Crescenta resident and local real estate agent is grateful to call La Crescenta home. He and his wife think it is an ideal place to raise their two young daughters. They designed this scholarship in gratitude to this wonderful neighborhood and its residents that have enhanced their lives and business.
- Be a resident of La Crescenta California
- Be a high school graduate or eligible for graduation in the year in which the scholarship is awarded
- Have achieved a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Be planning to pursue undergraduate study (full or part-time) at a two- or four-year college or university or other school of the student's choice accredited by one or more of the accrediting bodies.
There is one award of $1,000 given each year.
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Individual motivation
- Community service
HOW TO APPLY
Completed application will be accepted April 20th to June 1st
Recipient will be notified the 1st week of June
Terms and conditions
- Residency in La Crescenta required.
- Award recipient agrees to appear in social media announcement of award as well as advertising for next years scholarship