5 Festive Day Trips for Your Holiday Break
1. Christmas at Santa’s Village
Nestled near Lake Arrowhead, Santa’s Village is a delightful escape into a Christmas fantasy. From November 16 to January 7, this quaint amusement park is transformed into a magical wonderland. Here's what you can expect:
- Skypark at Santa's Village: This outdoor adventure park offers activities like ice skating, mountain biking, and archery, all with a holiday twist. The ice skating rink, surrounded by snow-capped trees, is a highlight.
- Santa's Workshop: Meet Santa Claus in his charming workshop. It's a magical experience for children and those young at heart.
- Holiday Treats and Eateries: Indulge in seasonal snacks and warm beverages. The Gingerbread House Bakery and Kringle’s Coffee serve up delightful treats that are sure to warm you up.
- Evening Lights: As dusk falls, the village lights up, creating a mesmerizing atmosphere that's perfect for a leisurely evening stroll.
- For more information: https://skyparksantasvillage.com/christmas-2023/
2. Festival of Lights at the Mission Inn
The Mission Inn in Riverside becomes a spectacle of lights during the holiday season. This free event, running from mid-November to early January, is not just about lights but a whole experience:
- 4.5 Million Lights: The entire hotel is adorned with a dazzling array of lights, creating a mesmerizing sight.
- Animated Figures: Over 400 animated figures add life to this festive display.
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides: For a romantic or nostalgic touch, take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the inn.
- Live Entertainment: Enjoy live music and performances that add to the festive atmosphere.
- For more information: https://www.missioninn.com/experiences/events/festival-of-lights
3. Solvang’s Julefest
Solvang, known as the Danish Capital of America, offers a unique Christmas experience with its Julefest:
- Danish-Style Celebrations: The town is adorned with traditional Danish Christmas decorations, creating a quaint and cozy atmosphere.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony: The festival kicks off with a tree lighting ceremony, a sight to behold.
- Parade and Santa Claus: Enjoy the Julefest Parade featuring marching bands and floats, and meet Santa in Solvang Park.
- Authentic Danish Cuisine: Sample traditional Danish pastries and other delicacies as you explore the town.
- For more information: https://solvangusa.com/things-to-do/solvang-julefest/
4. 123 Farm Lavender Market Nights
This Christmas night market at 123 Farm is a magical escape 90 minutes from Los Angeles:
- Twinkling Lights and Lavender Fields: The ranch is beautifully lit, highlighting its lavender fields and olive groves.
- Handmade Goods and Crafts: Explore a marketplace filled with unique handmade items, perfect for holiday gifts.
- Live Music and Food: Enjoy live music and a variety of food options, including lavender-infused dishes.
- Meet Santa and make your way through the giant maze.
- Historical Gallery: Learn about the history of this century-old farm.
- For more information: https://www.123farm.com/xmas
5. Christmas in Big Bear Lake
Big Bear Lake offers a winter wonderland experience:
- Christmas in the Village: Enjoy festive decorations, meet Santa, and explore the Christmas tree lot.
- Bear Valley Farms: Visit this winter wonderland for snow activities and sleigh rides.
- Big Bear Alpine Slide: Experience the thrill of tubing down this famous slide, specially adapted for winter.
- Snowshoe Tours and Horseback Riding: Explore the snowy landscape on a snowshoe tour or horseback ride.
- For more information: https://www.bigbear.com/events/annual/christmas/
Each of these destinations near Los Angeles offers a unique way to immerse yourself in the holiday spirit. Whether you're seeking a traditional Christmas experience, a touch of European charm, or a winter adventure, these trips promise unforgettable holiday memories. Pack your snacks, gather your loved ones, and set off on these festive journeys! 🎅🎄✨